This homemade almond butter recipe is an easy recipe with just one ingredient. Do note, I have not added any oil. This was one of my first experiments. I wanted to give homemade food to my baby when we started solids & I was not convinced to give the almond butter brought from store to my baby after reading the ingredients. So, here is the recipe. You can use raw almonds or roasted. I prefer roasting it as it tastes better.
- PREP TIME: 30 mins
- SUITABLE FROM: 6+ months
- Almonds – 3 cups
- Dry roast almonds on medium flame till it turns golden brown. Alternatively, you can roast them in the oven or get dry roasted almonds from the store.
- Cool it down completely.
- Blend them in a blender until it is creamy. This takes time – almost up to 30 mins. Almonds will first look like flour, then forms a ball, and then it turns to grainy almond butter before becoming silky smooth almond butter.
- This process is time consuming & I almost wanted to give up. And then the magic happened.
- You can store the silky smooth almond butter in a glass container for several weeks in the refrigerator.
- This homemade butter is so fresh that I always prefer doing it in bulk & store at home.
- You can add 1/4 tsp salt if you prefer.
- Don’t be tempted to add any oil or liquids while blending. Just need to be patient till you can see some progress.