Pizza is an all-time favorite meal for kids & family. But can it be made healthy? Absolutely. Here is a healthy pizza recipe for kids & an enjoyable family meal.
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 10 minutes
- SERVES: 1 Baby/ Toddler
- SUITABLE FROM: 6 months +
- Whole wheat flour/ Multigrain flour – 2 cups
- Olive/ Avocado oil – 1/2 tsp
- Tomato (pureed) – 1 cup
- Garlic clove (chopped) – 1
- Oil – To fry
- Basil leaves – a handful (Optional)
- Oregano – 1 tsp
- Onion – 1 (sliced)
- Tomato – 1 (sliced)
- Bell peppers – 1 (sliced)
- Spinach – handful
- Broccoli – 8-10 florets (cleaned and diced)
- Cheddar / Mozzarella cheese – 2 cups
- Add whole wheat or multigrain flour, oil & water, and knead it to a soft dough.
- Saute garlic. Add tomato puree to it and cook well.
- Add water if required to bring it to sauce consistency.
- Add basil & oregano to it & the sauce is now ready.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll out a flatbread using the pizza dough.
- Brush a drop of oil/ butter.
- Spread the homemade sauce on it.
- Toss in all the toppings and cheese.
- Bake for about 10-12 mins until the base is cooked underneath.
- Delicious pizza is now ready. Sprinkle some oregano, cut them into slices & ENJOY!
- More veggies/ meat can be added as topping as per the preference.
- Flavors like ginger & garlic can be added as toppings to make it tastier.
- Baking pizza for longer will make the base crispy & babies do not like it. So more vigilance is required when you are baking for kids.
- Salt can be added as an alternate while serving a toddler or an adult.