The Banana Pancake recipe is easy & makes a fun breakfast for kids. Especially if your little one likes bananas. My daughter loves this recipe even today & it makes a perfect choice for 6 months+. And great Baby-led-weaning food. Using just 3 ingredients, this banana pancake is fluffy, soft, healthy and perfect for baby, toddler and a great option for baby-led weaning food. And it makes a quick breakfast.
I have been making this amazing banana pancake recipe since my daughter is 6 month old and it makes a nutritious choice for kids. And the fact that it is gluten-free and dairy free makes it a perfect choice if your kid is allergic to anything.
What do you need for Banana Pancake Recipe?
This 3-ingredient Banana Pancake recipe is simple and easy to make with just 3 ingredients from your kitchen.
- Banana – Look for a ripe banana which acts as an added natural sugar and helps with constipation for babies.
- Egg – One large egg helps with binding and is a great protein substituent for babies. Replace egg with flaxseed in case of allergies.
- Oats – Roasted and powdered 2-3 tsp of oats adds a base shape to pancakes and a great source of fibre to babies.
- Walnuts (optional) – You can add a tsp of powdered walnuts or any nuts you wish to add optionally to add a flavour to pancake.
- Butter/ Avocado oil – A couple spoons to smear on the pan while cooking pancakes.
How to make 3-ingredient banana Pancake?
- Mash the banana using a fork in a cup until its juicy and no lumps in it.
- Mix in an egg and beat using the fork for a minute.
- Add oats and nuts (optional) and mix it to form a pancake dough.
- Heat a pan or a skillet and add a spoon of butter or avocado oil to the pan.
- Pour in the pancake batter to the pan or skillet in desired shapes and let it cook for a while.
- Flip to see its cooked both sides and the sides are golden brown.
- Cool down slightly and you can serve the warm pancakes to your baby.
- Serve these banana pancakes with desired fruit and yoghurt. This is a great baby-led weaning finger food recipe that a baby can enjoy.
- As a healthy alternative you can serve these banana pancakes with peanut butter or nut butter if your toddler prefers.
- Use roughly a spoon of batter to make these pancakes which makes perfect size for baby or toddler.
- This pancake batter can be stored in refrigerator for upto 2 days.
- You can customize this pancake with variety of fruits and nuts.
- You can choose to replace oats with coconut flour or wheat flour depending on allergens and availability.
Other Healthy recipes
Check out more healthy baby recipes that can be made using minimum ingredients.
- Baby-friendly Banana Bread Recipe – Easy and baby-friendly recipe free from sugar, nuts and dairy makes a great option for breakfast and snacks.
- 2-Ingredient Mini Doughnuts Recipe – A healthy sugar free donuts that you can let your baby/ toddler enjoy guilt-free is made using just 2 ingredients.
- 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe – A classic baby recipe made with just 3 ingredients free from sugar, salt or allergens.
- Healthy First Birthday cake for Babies & Toddlers – A healthy gluten-free, nut free & dairy free birthday cake recipe that is an inspiration from this banana pancake recipe is delicious and makes a perfect first birthday cake for your baby.
Banana Pancake Recipe approved by Babies
- 1 no Banana powdered – 1 tspButter – to smear on the pan
- 2-3 tbsp Oats
- 1 no Egg
- 1 tbsp walnut (optional)
- Mash a banana using a fork until its mushy.
- Beat an egg into it and mix well.
- To this mixture add oats and walnuts(optional) and mix it to form semi-solid consistency.
- Smear butter into a pan and spread the pancake batter in desired shape.
- Flip and cook both sides until it turns golden brown.
- Hot & yummy pancakes are now ready to be served to your little one.
- Optionally you can use powdered flaxseed or chia seeds into the batter.
- Roasted and powdered oats can be used for a quicker meal.
- Vegan option – Use avocado oil in place of butter.