How can a holiday season go by without treats! Butter cookies are an all time favorite recipe and it brings back my childhood memories. Though it is easy & delicious, I make conscious decision when it comes to sugar in my baby’s diet. Read my gluten free & baby friendly cookies & cake recipes to know where my inspiration for this cookie came from.
I love the fact that these are egg less and takes less than 15 mins to prepare but tastes super delicious. This traditional recipe is perfect for the holiday season. And an enjoyable family snack too. I enjoy these cookies with my daughter while I sip a hot cup of tea or hot cocoa.
Butter cookies – Easy Peasy & Toddler friendly!!
- Butter – 1/2 cup at room temperature
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- All purpose flour/ almond flour – 2 cups
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until the sugar is dissolved in butter and it turns to a cream consistency. You can do this either with a fork or an electric mixer.
- Add all purpose flour to the creamed butter and mix well to form a soft dough.
- Cool the dough in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Pre heat the oven for 350 degrees.
- Roll the dough and cut it in desired shape and bake them for 20 mins in the oven.
- Cool them on a cooling rack and enjoy the yummy cookies along with warm milk.
- You can add flavors like vanilla, choco-chips, powdered sugar or nuts as per the preference to make these butter cookies more flavorful and delicious.
- The trick is creaming the butter to get a perfectly shaped cookies.
- Add extra all purpose flour as required if the dough is too soft to knead.
- Sugar can be replaced by maple syrup.