While breastfeeding is natural, it need not come naturally. And I never thought I will be sharing lactation cookie recipes on my blog ever. But these cookies are absolutely delicious. They were my energy bars, my go-to snack during extreme hunger times.
This yummy lactation cookie recipe is awesome for breastfeeding mothers. They are delicious & helps in maintaining or boosting the milk supply. The ingredients are the key that helps with the milk supply. This lactation cookie recipe is shared with me by a good friend of mine who is also a prenatal instructor. It’s a must-try recipe, so let’s get to the ingredients.
- Rolled Oats – 2 Cups
- Honey – 1/2 Cup
- Peanut Butter – 1 Cup
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Coconut Flour – 1 Cup
- Flax seed Meal – 1/4 cup
- Butter for greasing
- Mix all the dry ingredients and then mix in the wet ingredients.
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
- Roll little balls of dough (1 tbsp worth) and then lightly press down with a fork.
- Slightly grease the baking tray with butter.
- Bake the little dough balls for 10-12 minutes or until the bottoms are lightly browned.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and then enjoy the cookies!
- Use roasted and powdered oats for better texture.
- Replace coconut flour to gluten free flour for gluten allergy.
- Use a ripe banana in place of peanut butter for nut allergy.
- Butter can be replaced with coconut oil or avocado oil.
- Milk can be replaced with Almond or soy milk.