Have you ever tried the eggless mini doughnuts recipe? If you have been following my blogs, you must know how I stress healthy eating and sugar-free kids recipes. This was an experimental recipe I tried with my daughter. Keeping a toddler occupied especially during a pandemic is hard. One morning I told her we will make mini doughnuts and she started jumping. It was fun making these quick mini doughnuts recipe with her.
Well, thanks to this recipe it does not take more than 30mins to yield the result and there is no yeast or egg or any other allergen involved so I decided to give it a try. And guess what it turned out so healthy and delicious that there was no mini doughnuts leftover.
All we used to make was multigrain flour or all-purpose flour and yoghurt. Yes, that is all you need to make the mini doughnuts recipe dough. These are toddler-friendly with no added sugar and free from any kind of allergen. And tastes good even without sugar glaze.
What do you need for eggless mini doughnuts?
I normally prefer multigrain flour over all-purpose flour. And we make our own multigrain flour at home. Check out the easy recipe for multigrain flour. You can also mix a little all-purpose to get the chewy texture for these mini doughnuts recipe. I used a mix of multigrain flour and all-purpose flour (1:1 proportion) and a cup of yoghurt which is homemade using an instant pot.
The flour helps with binding and yoghurt makes the mini doughnuts fluffy and soft. Mix the flour and yoghurt in a bowl to a dough consistency (soft dough). You can add little water if required while mixing the dough. Now cover the dough in a sling-wrap or a wet cloth and let it stay for up to an hour or two. Make sure to keep it moist so the dough does not become too dry.
You can knead the dough and flatten using a rolling pin. Use a cookie cutter or a round cup to cut them in the desired shape. Meanwhile, you can heat the oil on medium flame to fry the mini doughnuts.
The trick is to make sure the oil is not too hot or not too cold. So drop in the doughnuts slowly using a fork or a ladle, and it fluffs up and floats on the top. Fry them until they are golden brown and use a paper napkin to drain extra oil.
You can use virgin olive oil or low fat oil for frying. I use butter or olive oil to fry things for my kids and they enjoy it.
Cool them and they’re ready to eat. I have personally tasted and like them without any sugar-glazed but you can dip the hot doughnuts in brown sugar or glaze them with chocolate.
Do check out healthy toddler-friendly recipes from my recipes:
- Baby-friendly Banana Bread Recipe – Easy and baby-friendly free from sugar, nuts and dairy makes a great option for breakfast and snacks.
- Baby-friendly Banana Pancakes Recipe – Super easy and a go to recipe for my picky eaters.
- Eggless Blueberry Muffins recipe – Toddler-friendly, healthy and easy recipe option for breakfast or snacks.
- 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies recipe – Another low sugar or sugar-free recipe great for babies and toddlers.
Eggless 2-ingredient Mini Donuts recipe
- 1 cup Yogurt
- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 1 cup olive oil (for deep frying)
- Sugar/ Chocolate for glaze
- Mix all-purpose flour and yoghurt to form a soft dough.
- Add couple of more spoons of yoghurt or water if required.
- Rest the dough for up to an hour or two by covering the dough with moist cloth.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten the dough and cut mini donut shapes using a cutter.
- Slowly slide the doughnuts in oil usng a ladle or a fork.
- Deep fry the mini donuts till they turn golden brown. Observe that the donuts fluff when put in the oil.
- You can glaze these donuts using sugar or chocolate syrup or any other topping that you like.
- Enjoy the mini donuts. These can be refrigerated and used for up to a week.
Follow my journey and get healthy recipes to your inbox by subscribing to my newsletter and get access to my free resource library.