Also known as Methi Thepla is a great choice for toddlers. It can be served as a meal or a snack. Filled with healthy ingredients, it makes a nutritious option for your little one. I love the fact that this can be prepared in bulk and stays fresh for 1-2 weeks. And it makes a healthy carry on a meal for picnics or drives. It can be served along with Yogurt and it is suitable for babies 8 months and above.
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 10 minutes
- SERVES: 1 Baby/ Toddler
- SUITABLE FROM: 8 months +
- Whole wheat flour/ Multigrain flour – 1 cup
- Chickpea flour (Besan) – 1/4 cup
- Fenugreek leaves (Methi) – 1 cup (cleaned & chopped)
- Ginger (grated) – 1 tsp
- Chilly powder – 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
- Yogurt – 1 cup
- Olive oil – To smear
- Mix whole wheat/ multigrain flour and chickpea flour well. Add fenugreek leaves and all the spices mentioned above and mix well.
- Add yogurt and mix well to form a soft dough. You can also add little water if required (but I would not recommend as fenugreek leaves do leave some moisture while mixing).
- Make medium size balls from the dough and roll it using a rolling pin to preferred thickness. I prefer rolling it to a medium thickness so it does not become too crisp for baby to eat.
- Now roast each theplas on the hot pan and smear some oil on both sides.
- Cook them well and serve it along with yogurt for your little one to enjoy.
- You can add salt for babies older than 1 year as per your preference.
- Mixing the dough with yogurt helps in keeping it soft for days.
If you try any of my recipes, please do tag me on Instagram with #schnoogleformoms and tag me @schnoogle_for_moms. I would love to see how your little one enjoys my recipes!