This is a healthy vegan Pizza dough free from egg & dairy. Tastes best & I love the texture. This crust is prepared with all the natural ingredients & you can hardly know that the base has cauliflower in it. It was an amazing experiment to try this recipe. If you have a picky toddler, this can be a great choice as all the goodness is sneaked into the pizza dough.
PREP TIME: 30 minutes
- COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- SERVES: 2 Toddler/ adults
- SUITABLE FROM: 12 months +
- Cauliflower – 1 whole
- Almond flour – 1 -2 cups
- Flaxseed meal – 1 cup
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Cook cauliflower florets – either steam it or dry roast it. Do not overcook as it becomes mushy.
- Blend them in a mixer/ blender to get cauliflower rice.
- Squeeze out all the liquid from it using a cloth.
- Add almond flour & flaxseed meal to the cauliflower rice & mix them to form a soft dough.
- You can then roll it using your hand on a baking pan into the desired shape and bake it.
- Preheat the oven for 375 degrees and bake the crust for 10 mins each on both sides till you can see golden-brown crust.
- You can now add any toppings to the crust & enjoy your healthy pizza! Lookup for homemade pizza sauce and pizza recipe here.
- You can add flax seeds as a whole instead of a meal which gives a different taste & I like it that way.
- Alternately, you can also add chia seeds & hemp hearts to the dough. Chia seeds help in making it gluier.
- The crust can be on a crunchier side, so make sure to look for a softer crust while feeding it to a toddler.